Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Birthdays, Birthdays, Birthdays

We finally got to go on a fun date the other night with a few of our good friends. It was my sweet friend, Janis's, birthday. We all went to dinner at Sakura to celebrate and then ate ice cream at Maggie Moo's! It was sooo much fun! This is a picture of the girls! Sakura was fun and delicious, Maggie Moos was even better, and the company was the BEST!



This was a picture of all the couples. Janis is in the bottom left with her husband Justin! Happy birthday, Janis!
So I didn't quite do these in order, I thought I was when I first started doing it, but once I added more pictures it reversed, what the heck! So, just so you know, Kevin's Birthday was actually first and then mine was 6 days later. So you are just going to get to hear about mine first! And from the end of the day to the beginning. Sorry, I'm still getting used to this blogging thing. haha Bear with me!
So Kevin had to work the night of my birthday. BUMMER, but it was a Sunday so it was kind of shot anyway. hahaha! Some (lots) of my sweet friends new that Kevin was working that night so they surprised me and came over around 8:30 with cake and sang to me and then hung out, I think the last to leave, left around 2am. IT was a BLAST! I love you sweet friends! The funniest part about the night was that, Nathan was supposed to be in bed and unbeknownst to us he was taking a huge chunk out of the cake that my sweet friend Angie made. He came in while the gals and I were all talking and my first thought and spoken words were "Nathan, you better go get back in bed!" Then, I realized that he had chocolate all over him. I said "where on earth did you get that chocolate?" My friends told me that they had brought a cake and that maybe he got into it. OH YES he DID! Crazy nut! He came to get me because he had fallen off the chair and wanted to get some more cake! The naughty little thing. We all started cracking up! Gotta love that kid!


The outcome of the fabulous pedicure I received from the kids! Notice the excellent cutting of the toenails as well as the beautiful paint job! I should hire them on a regular basis, what do ya think? hahaha!



So for my birthday Kevin made such a sweet video for me with pictures of me and him and the kids put to music. It was sooo sweet and cute! Then it was time for mom to be pampered! I went to the Salon de kids! I got a massage from Kevin on my shoulders, while the girls did my hair and Nathan constantly blow dryed my hair. I also got a fabulous pedicure by all three of the kids, which you will see in the picture above the outcome! IT was great! Kevin also took me the day before to buy a new outfit! THAT WAS FUN! Thank you Kevin and kids I had fun!


Kevin's Birthday was a couple weeks ago! We had a great time! The girls did so good! They really wanted to make Kevin's day special. They woke up at 5:30 am and made him breakfast. We made waffles, bacon, eggs, fruit smoothie and orange juice. They set up a blanket in the front room and set out place settings to have an early morning picnic with their dad, before he had to leave to work. Then they took balloons and tied them to sticks, each of them having a banner on it that said Happy Birthday dad! They held them and marched in to our room singing happy birthday to him to wake him up. It was really fun! The kids then went to school and Kevin went to work!
Then later that day, we had put together a program for Kevin with songs about "dads" and speaking parts that Heidi, Ashley and Nathan each had. They sang to him, read their parts and sang somemore. It was really cute! At the end of the program it led to a scavenger hunt for Kevin to find his presents. On each clue it said something that we were grateful about him as well as a clue to where his presents were. For example one of the clues said "We are grateful that you love us so much that you always help us to get all the excerise we need to stay healthy". This clue led to a present that was by Kevin's weight set and in the present was some excerise pants and a t-shirt. It was so fun to put together! On one of the speaking parts, Heidi said something so cute. She read in 1 Nephi 1:1 - and this is what she read "I, Heidi, having been born of goodly parents, therefore I was taught somewhat in all the learning of my father." Then she proceeded to read a poem about what she learned from her father! Oh, man it was adorable!
Ashley said something so funny that morning. She told Kevin, don't come out and look in the front room at your presents or the clues, because they are supposed to be a surprise, so don't look dad. (haha) Then, Kevin started laughing and said, "oh, Ashley, I love you...I'm counting on you to spill the beans to me"... to which Ashley replied "What beans? We don't have any beans out there dad." It was hilarious. Overall, I think Kevin had a good birthday. He really loved all the stuff the kids did for him!

6 comments:

Allison said...

Sounds like fun. Happy birthday you old lady. You are so old it is disgusting. ha ha ha. Just kidding...I turned 30 six months ago, so I can't say anything about your age!
For mine and Clay's anniversary, we also went to a Japanese restraunt and it is funny that you went for your birthday because I was thinking about how much fun it would be if the four of us went next time you visited. Anyway, I am glad you had a good time!
You have such great ideas for birthday parties and presents! It is so funny that Ashely spilled the beans! It is awesome that Kevin's birthday is first so he has to try his best when your birthday rolls around.
FYI-We are going to New York City on Monday Dec 22 to ice skate at Rockafeller Center!!!! I wish you could come too! You'll be in Henderson, right?

Martin Family said...

That is so great you guys have such wonderful friends! So Kev, no worries I took care of the entertainment for this weekend . . . . . . I fully expect a duet out of you and Tammy. Okay supense is over I downloaded "Meet me in Montana" good ole' Marie Osmond! I can't wait to see my babies. Tell Nathan not to forget his lightsaber!

Greta said...

Darling Darling Darling family..

jessenpetty said...

Very creative! Thanks for the idea! I'll have to use that one on Jesse!

The Zoo Keeper said...

Love the Birthdays!! We thought of you guys on Aaron/Kevin's birthday!! remember that year???HAHAH what good times we had!! Can't wait to see you guys someday!!

Joanna said...

Jessica...you are a darling mom!! I love that you have 3 personal hair stylists & that one is your son. Too cute. So good to see pics of you and your family! We love you guys