Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Races and Braces

So, our sweet little Heidi got braces on, the beginning of December. I think that she is the first girl that was SUPER excited to get them on. She looks adorable and is getting good at chewing loudly! haha! One of my funniest memories of braces is when my sister Michelle had braces on, while we were in highschool. I was talking to her and my mom and while I was talking, Michelle was cleaning out some pancake out of her front braces with her tongue from earlier that morning. Right as I'm talking, Michelle flicks the pancake with her tongue out of her mouth and it lands in mine!!!!! SICK!!!!!! hahahaha! We cracked up laughing! It was soo hard to stop, I could bearly get the pancake out of my mouth! hahahaha! Thankfully, that hasn't happened with Heidi yet! She's not a big fan of pancakes:)
RACES, RACES, RACES! My big hunk is a runner along with this group of handsome guys!!! The kids and I went and cheered Kevin on as he recently ran the Charlottesville Men's 4-Miler with some of our friends! It was FREEZING cold outstide and as excited as the kids were to watch their daddy run the race, they were miserable! It was a whopping 17 degrees outside and the kids did great for the first 5 minutes after that it was tears and snot and more tears and more snot and little tiny red fingers, by the end! You may think that I am a mean mom for making them stay out there to watch ole' Kev, but he is always sooooo supportive of my races and the kids events that I wanted to show him the same support and DEEP DOWN the kids really wanted to also!!! haha. Luckily for us, he came in at an amazing, drum roll please, dodododo ......32 minutes!!! He did EXCELLENT! Way to go Kevin we love you!!!!! You're an all-star!
He made running look easy! Who smiles, when they run???? Surely, NOT ME!!!! I only do it because of the 1/2 pound of ice cream and 20 chocolate chip cookies I ate!!! What a babe! This was him running in toward the finish line!
Here we are...all smiles!!! The race is now over, the kids are now warm and asleep in the car and we are enjoying laughs with friends and some yummy propel water!!! He doesn't even look like he ran 4 miles does he? What a knockout!!! I love you babe! Way to go! I loved watching you run the race!!!! Thanks for always supporting me in my races!!!

7 comments:

Tara said...

You two make a great couple! I love that you made your kids suffer through the cold to support their Dad. Bob brought the kids to support me when I ran a half marathon over a year ago, but luckily for them (and me) it was clear skies and 65 degrees, it doesn't get more perfect than that.

I can't believe Kevin ran 4 miles in those frigid temperatures!?! I know I wouldn't have lasted, I'm such a wimp when it comes to the cold.

As for braces, I just got my second set off in September. I don't remember hating them so much the first time around. Of course this time I was pregnant and my gums were sore the entire time.
She looks so cute with them! Bob couldn't kiss me without laughing the first week, he said that he felt like he was kissing a twelve year old :)!

Jessica Hughes said...

That is Hilarious TARA! You crack me up! Kevin always makes me laugh before I kiss him, so he kisses teeth always! He used to always say "kiss me like a black girl" which meant for me to pucker up my lips - instead of kiss him with my teeth!hahaha! Men, gotta love 'um!

Jennifer Kouba said...

Heidi I love your braces! They look so cute on you. Congrats to kev (and you and the kids) for the race and not having lungs freeze. I would have gone outside for the first time and turned right back around and climbed back into bed. You're crazy! I'm not made for freezing temperatures. Give me the beach any day!

Becky said...

I need to talk to you about braces and this new (or maybe not so new) trend of putting braces on kids twice. We're considering it for Julia. We were looking at pictures of Jeromy's birthday (yesterday) on the computer, and there was a picture of Julia with her head on Jeromy's shoulder, and her front teeth looked pretty prominent at that particular angle. When Julia saw it, she said, "Look at my teeth! I look like Mater!" I'm still laughing about it!

Four miles in 32 minutes? That's amazing!

jessenpetty said...

Way to go Kevin!!! I'm so proud! Yea Heidi for the braces! We can be brace face together! Your gonna look so good after you get them off! We love you and miss you all!

Michelle Campbell said...

AAAHHH, I can't believe you told that pancake story!!! You little nark! haha. Seriously, i remember that so vividly and I still think it's hilarious!!! haha..

I'm so proud of Kevin! What a guy. Bec just ran a 1/2 marathon (13 1/2 miles) and I was so impressed. I need to start running!!! Maybe one day. I love the pic of you two... such an adorable couple!!

Heidi looks stinkin cute in those braces. Bryn (keith and jeni's) has them on now too and she looks so cute in them. Emma's gonna be lookin down that road too in a few years. poor girl. :)

The Zoo Keeper said...

I want one of those clocks!!!