Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Random pictures of the family

This is a pond on the Monticello Trail. The trees behind it are reflected into the pond. Pretty cool, ehh! It's so beautiful here.
We spent the day at the cannery in Richmond. The girls had a great time helping the members of our ward get their food storage. It was a great experience for them.

It wouldn't be our blog if there wasn't something Highschool Musical on it. We all went as a family to see Highschool Musical 3. Even though its totally corny and cheesy and anything else you want to call it. And, I know that I am going to get made fun of for this, but we all loved it! hahaha! It was great! You do however, have to be able to look past the corny-ness of it all.

Poor fourth child. I thought this was so funny. She actually kept bouncing, on and off, while she was a sleep in this. She's so cute.

What's that kids name on Fat Albert? hahaha! I think he has a mini-me.

For Ashley's 5th birthday (Oct. 10th) she wanted to have pancakes with whipped cream, strawberries and raspberries on them for breakfast.

We like to go on walks at a place called the Monticello Trail. It is this beautiful trail that leads you up to Thomas Jefferson's home. It is about a 2 mile walk up. It is so beautiful with a pond on the way up the trail. On this particular day, however, we had our very own Jedi Knights to protect us from any harm that came in our way. Nathan is so funny. He is way into Star Wars right now and takes his light saber everywhere he goes. He also makes sure to bring one for Kevin, if he is along with us. And he freaks out if he can't find it or someone takes it away from him or his dad. Kevin is such a good sport about it!

We hiked up Humpback Rock, which is a pretty steep hike for little kids, but the kids did fantastic and we all had a lot of fun. We love having a dad that gets us up and going and out to do fun things whenever he's off.

Nathan relaxing after a long overnight campout. Can you beleive his feet are still clean? haha

Nice hat. Kevin likes to be funny and embarrass the fam. He has no shame, that guy! I guess that's what makes him so fun!

Nathan can't seem to get this thing working?

I love this picture. The kids faces are hilarious. They were about ready to be done taking pictures. hahaha.



Fun photos of the gals, while outcamping.

The men on the campout!

We took the kids camping a few weeks ago. Just overnight. Some great friends of ours met us up there and had dinner with us that night and had campfire desserts, too. Ooh YUM! It was really fun. It was really cold though that night, so by 4:30 a.m. I generously offered to take Brooke to the van to get warmed up! What, she was cold! The kids had a great time.

25 comments:

Ryan and Krissy said...

Jess your kids are so dang cute!!! I love the picture of them at the cannery and of Ashley being a chef. I want to come see you so bad... maybe next fall :D Love you and can't wait to see you!!!!

Martin Family said...

That is it we are officially hurt! I can't believe you haven't added your favorite sister-in-law yet to your blog :( (Kenny told me to give you a hard time)!!!!

jessenpetty said...

What a fun thing to do! Jesse and I need to get more friends to go do things like that. Tia? Kenny? You guys up for the spot? I can't wait to see my nieces and nephew (you guys can stay....J/K)!

Jessica Hughes said...

I love this! This is so cool that you can leave a comment! Thanks for commenting guys! I love you all too!! And my kids are dang cute! THanks! hahaha!

Tia and Kenny, I really couldn't find your address and for some reason I still can't get it to go onto my list???? I'm having the same problem with another friend of mines blog? Why is that happening. I'll call tonight for your help. Remember I'm totally new to this and it is majorly confusing to me!!!hahaha! And if it makes you feel any better when I talked to you and mom on the phone you guys were the first in both fams to know! Hope that makes you feel better. hahaha! Don't let my computer iliteracy bother you! haha
love you guys!

Can't wait to see everyone!
Love jessica

Allison said...

I am glad you are blogging now. It is a great way to keep everyone up to date!
I won't make fun of you for liking High School Musical if you promise not to make me watch it again. Just kidding! Maybe I would like it if I had a girl the same age as Heidi! Or maybe I would like it if I were 12 years old. OK OK, I just had to tease you one last time! I am done, I promise.

Martin Family said...

Okay, just me again! WOW, sometimes it hits me how far away you guys are and it makes me sad. Then talking to Jess today it felt like you were just here and left. I was kidding about being hurt, it was more so I could let all your blog followers I am your FAVORITE sister-in-law. . . . . . . . . named Tia. Love ya a ton.

Megan said...

Whoa! The Hughes have a blog!!! That totally makes my day! YIPPEE!
It's so fun to see the kids; they're getting so big, and staying so cute.
We miss you!

Alisha and Josh said...

HALELUJAH!!! I finally get to see pictures and chat with my old best bud! I miss you tons girl and think of you often. So glad to see that things are going so good- and HELLO- didn't even know that you had a fourth child- now, I feel like a crappy friend. Your kids are adorable- we are in the same boat with 4 little darlings. How old is she?? Just a bit older than my Cole. ANyways, glad to be able to keep up with you since I have been keeping up with the rest of your awesome fam. Love ya tons dear- lish oh, yeah- hi Kevin :)

Nicole said...

YEA!! I just got your e-mail. SO here I am your newest blog stalker!! I am excited to see you and your super cute family. Hey! We are coming down to Cannon's for Turkey Day...maybe we could see you?! Talk to you soon. Oh, our blog is: feltspot.blogspot.com

kimberlee shaffer said...

its about time you start a blog girlie!! You have such a beautiful family! I ran into Shannon at the pediatricians the other day and was asking if you had one. Miss you! I am going to add you to my friends (= Kimberlee Shaffer (Downer) mines is shafferclan.blogspot.com

Michelle Campbell said...

When you made the fat albert comment i was laughing outloud! haha. I could totally picture it. I loved zooming in on the picture of your kids making funny faces. haha. you are such a great mom and you and Kevin do such great stuff with your kids. I loved all the pictures and can't wait to see more!! I really, really, really, miss you guys soooo much!!

Shawna B. said...

Hughes family! We miss you! Looks like life is treating you right! So fun to see all your great pictures. Little Brooke (Fat Albert's sidekick - ha!) sure is getting big. What a darling family! Great idea to take the girls to the cannery - get them started early on the importance of food storage, right?!

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving! Come see us! We love you all!

Shawna B. said...

Jessica, I just found out that character from Fat Albert with the pink stocking hat is called "Dumb Donald." Not very nice! :) Probably not going to go with that as a new nickname for Brooke ...

The Zoo Keeper said...

your kids are so cute!!! I am so happy to get to see them!!!! hooray for blogs!!!

Kimberly Porter said...

Jess! Oh, I miss you! You're family is ADOR-able! Little Brook is getting so big, so fast! Check out our blog: porterhouserules.blogspot.com and see pictures of our newest addition: Nathan! (I know, I copied you...I just love the name!)

The Banner Family said...

Whoa Whoa Whoa! You guys have four?!?! It has been too long. I tried calling you on your cell like 5 times but all the numbers I have are disconnected. Call me. My cell is 949-812-2582. I stalked your blog by the way!

Tara said...

Jessica, this is your long lost BFF! I came to check your blog for a new post and realized that I left a comment on an older post, so you probably haven't read it, but I'm so excited to see that you entered the blogging world and I will add you to my friends, if that's OK? I miss you a ton and cherish all of the crazy, fun times we had together. Your family is adorable and I can't believe that you already have 4 kids, you're fast girl! I just barely had my fourth, 4 days ago. I have pictures on my blog if you want to check them out!
Love Ya,
Tara

Amy Joy said...

I love it! I could hear your voice as I read this, funny huh? I am so glad you are doing so well. We live in PA. James ended up in EM. We love it. It has been a journey though! You look BEAUTIFUL and so does the rest of your fam. If you have time come check us out. We jumped on the wagon this summer when we moved to PA.

Unknown said...

Jessica! I was so happy to find your blog on Allison's! How fun to see your cute family! I'm dying to know how old your baby is because she looks just the same age as mine! Gotta love baby girls! You know, I am sure that the main reason you and Kevin got married was because you guys caught the bouquet and garter at our wedding! heeheehee! Take care!

Becky said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KEVIN!!!

Weed Family said...

yea Jessica! 1. You started a blog and 2. I randomly found it! Happy birthday yesterday and darling pictures of your kids!
Maere Weed

Amanda Cook said...

I was so excited to hear that you finally have a blog. I often wonder what you're up to and now I have a way to see it all. Yeah!!!
Keep on postin'
Amanda

Nelly said...

Hooray! I am so happy you're blogging now! I loved seeing the pics. of your darling family! I can't believe how grown-up the kids are looking! So, if BYU ends up going to the Vegas bowl- we will totally have to hook up! Oh, and I'm sending you and kev a hilarious video- so check your email! ;)

Haley said...

Yay! I'm so glad you started one of these. It makes me miss Virginia and weirdly enough, our old apartment. I didn't even recognize Nathan! CRAZY! Love to you guys!

Kristin said...

Jessica
You guys look sooooo good. Your kids are so dang cute I can't believe it. I miss you tons